HOW I INCREASED YOUR BLOG TRAFFIC 200% IN 3 MONTHS USING PINTEREST AND TAILWIND

If you haven’t heard, Pinterest is one of the best ways to bring in traffic to a travel blog. Travel content is hugely popular on Pinterest, so it’s important to use the right tools and strategies when creating pins and using the platform, so that you can take full advantage of this unique search engine. 
Check out how I increased my blog traffic 200% using Pinterest with the help of Tailwind!
I was compensated to create this post, though all opinions are my own.

What Pinterest Can Do For Your Travel Blog
Pinterest is a visual search engine. Users re-pin images from their Pinterest Feed or use the search bar to find pins that solve their problems or meet their needs.
Pinterest is completely different from other social media platforms. It’s really more of a search engine than social media.

Because of this, your pins can get more long-term engagement than a social media post. Pinterest users can discover your pin over time, re-pin your image, and the cycle can continue for months or even years.

Travel is a hugely popular category on Pinterest. By using Pinterest, and using the right tools and strategies, you can bring thousands of visitors to your travel blog every month.

How I Increased My Blog Traffic 200% Using Tailwind and Pinterest
I started on Tailwind‘s free trial (now a Forever Free plan!) in 2019. I loved the ability to schedule my pins in advance, and by January 2020, I was ready to take the plunge and upgrade to a Pro account so that I could schedule more pins per month. This also helped me stay more consistent with my pinning since I didn’t have to remember to go on Pinterest throughout the day.
I also took full advantage of Tailwind Communities, connecting with other travel bloggers and sharing their content to my boards.

COVID obviously hit the travel industry pretty hard in March, just when things were starting to look good for my Pinterest strategy in January and February. But after a few tough months, my traffic started picking up again by June.

In June, I received less than 700 pageviews from Pinterest, and by September, I received nearly 2,400 pageviews from Pinterest alone. My blog traffic had grown nearly 3x overall.
Here is a link to typical results. Please note that some results may vary.
If you want to see my full strategy for using Pinterest to grow my blog, you can check out my Pinterest for Travel Bloggers guide here.

My Top Reasons to Use Tailwind
Scheduling — One of the best reasons to use Tailwind is how much time you’ll save with their scheduling features. You can’t always be on Pinterest at the right time, so let Tailwind do the heavy lifting. Tailwind will tell you the best times to pin, and you can schedule all your new pins for a week, a month, or more in advance.

Tailwind Communities — Tailwind Communities are great for connecting with people who share the same interest with you. You can re-pin their content, and they can re-pin yours.
Tailwind Create — Tailwind Create is a game-changing tool that allows you to easily create new pin designs in just minutes and schedule them to your queue. I have a guide to Tailwind Create for Pinterest here and a guide to Tailwind Create for all your social media posts here.

SmartGuide — Tailwind’s super helpful SmartGuide feature will tell you if you’re engaging in any potentially harmful behavior. This includes pinning too frequently and pinning to more than 10 boards. And SmartGuide will keep you up-to-date on any other changes to Pinterest’s best practices.
Get Access to Tailwind for Pinterest

Start on the FREE Tailwind plan and to gain access to Tailwind for Pinterest. This amazing tool can be used for both creating Instagram posts and creating Pinterest pins, further streamlining your content creation!

Tailwind Pricing
Tailwind currently has 4 pricing plans:
Forever Free: includes 20 posts per month to publish on Pinterest and Instagram, 20 Tailwind Create posts per month, and 5 Tailwind Communities with 30 submissions per month.

Pro Plan ($9.99 per month or $119.88 per year): includes 100 posts per month, 200 Tailwind Create posts per month, and 5 Tailwind Communities with 30 submissions per month.

Advanced Plan ($19.99 per month or $239.88 per year): includes 2 Instagram accounts and 2 Pinterest accounts, 1,000 posts to publish per month, unlimited Tailwind Create posts, and unlimited access to Tailwind Communities.

Max Plan ($39.99 per month or $479.88 per year): includes 3 Instagram accounts and 3 Pinterest accounts, unlimited publishing, unlimited Tailwind Create posts, and unlimited access to Tailwind Communities.

How has your blog traffic increased since using Tailwind? Let me know in the comments!
The post How I Increased My Blog Traffic 200% in 3 Months Using Pinterest and Tailwind appeared first on Paige Minds The Gap.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post